Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Meds

Peyton's neurologist called me on December 30. She had been thinking and wanted us to change Peyton's medication. She strongly feels that it is a major part of Peyton's problems. Her brain is constantly going. Which is why if you know Peyton at all she never stops. So we started the med change yesterday ( Monday). It is so heartbreaking to watch the kid you know change. She is so temperamental. Today just one example she decided that the baby gate was " stupid" and in her way. Typically the Peyton we know would just climb over it. The Peyton transitioning on meds decided she was mad and was going to kick the gate down while yelling " you stupid gate". Later tonight she took a permanent market and colored all over the walls. Which is typical. No shock there. But after I saw it told her no she ran and grabbed a towel. She said " I clean it mom " " sorry mom". When she couldn't get the marker off she turned to me with tears in her eyes and said " I can't mom" "I can't ". She then started to kick the wall and it was " stupid". At times it is funny, she will say really funny things. But it is breaking my heart. It is clear she feels different and doesn't know what to do. Hopefully once the transition is done she can feel better. She hasn't had any break through seizures which is good and hopefully it stays that way. She is still waking up at night which will hopefully change.
Peyton is truly the strongest little girl I know. So if you see us out and about be patient and remember she is having a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment